Get Ready to Take on the Ultimate Challenge
Beyond the Iron takes athletes interested in learning and training for Ultra-Distance Triathlons on a tour de force of the world of Ultra-Distance Triathlon endurance events. This in-depth guide provides a complete overview of what it takes to mentally, spiritually and physically prepare to cross the finish line; detail-by-detail descriptions of a proven training program; and most of all, insight and expertise given by author Wayne Kurtz, founder of Racetwitch.com. He is also a devoted and enthusiastic endurance athlete who over the years has participated in dozens of these events worldwide.
Reading the book will be like you have Kurtz right with you as your personal coach and trainer to provide endless encouragement, knowledge and guidance to ensure you learn the following:
- Race distances and specific circuit courses
- Practical and applicable training tips
- Detailed and in-depth daily training schedules
- Insightful Twitch Tips to provide insider knowledge and expertise
- Mental training tips to prepare your mind and spirit to cross the finish line
Beyond the Iron is the must-have guide to help prospective and current endurance athletes succeed at a sport guaranteed to test physical and mental limits. For more information, visit the website at www.beyondtheiron.com.
“Don’t do an Ultra-Distance Triathlon before you’ve read this comprehensive, experienced-based book.”
- Matt Fitzgerald, senior writer/editor, Competitor Group, Inc.
“Ultra-Distance Triathlons have always been a bit of a mystery for triathletes. Here Wayne Kurtz unravels that mystery and helps athletes get on-track for going really long.”
- Joe Friel, coach and author of the Triathlete’s Training Bible